The inaugural issue of Luxe Noir magazine contains 23 articles examining the theme of craftsmanship, creativity and tradition. Through in-depth interviews with craftsmen and artists and a series of essays, short stories and photography, the issue presents content that is both visually striking and informative.
A selection of a few articles from the inaugural issue:
- An interview with a Master Craftsman Aboubakar Fofana on reviving traditional indigo dyeing techniques in Mali.
- An exploration of the complex and intriguing work of Ethiopian visual artist Aida Muluneh.
- A feature on a designer whose work reinterprets traditional Burkinabé metallurgy.
- Photo-essays by young South African documentary photographers capturing the ravages of drug abuse and the politics of access to electricity in township communities.
- A travel section sharing tips for a visit to the island of spice, Zanzibar. And so much more.......